Home Remedies for Cough – Simple and Natural Way to Get Relief
Cough may be acute or chronic. Acute cough covers a span of 2-3 weeks, and is generally associated with cold and flu. Chronic cough exceeds the span of 2-3 weeks. Coughing involves three phases: inhalation, forced exhalation against a closed glottis and opening of the glottis followed by a speedy, violent release of air from lungs. The release Home Remedies for Body Odor of air is usually accompanied by a sound, and coughing can be voluntary or involuntary.
Simple and Natural Home Remedies for Cough
Following are some of the simple and best natural remedies to get relief from cough, nose congestion and throat irritation.
- Rubbing slightly heated mustard oil on the back, chest can give relief from the associated symptoms like back ache, congested nose etc.
- One may boil eucalyptus leaves in water, and inhale the vapor by covering head with a towel. This therapy soothes throat irritation, blocked nose and cough.
- Rubbing of eucalyptus oil or balm on nose, throat and head may also give some relief.
- Sipping small amounts of warm water whenever one feels like coughing, can prevent coughs.
- Grapes function as expectorant and regular eating of grapes tones up lungs, and reduces cough.
- Sucking a piece of cut lemon filled with black pepper powder and salt is a good remedy to check cough.
- A pinch of grounded white pepper added to one teaspoon honey may be taken thrice daily. This helps to cure cough.
- Warm spinach juice may be used for gargling. This is an effective home remedy for cough.
- A mixture of half spoon cuscus grass, 4 teaspoon coconut milk and one teaspoon honey may be taken every night before going to bed. This relieves dry cough.
- A mixture of belleric myrobalan fruit pulp, long pepper and one teaspoon honey is beneficial in treating cough.
- A mixture of onion juice and honey may be taken four times a day to get freedom from cough.